week in photos #715:02
After stressing all day about my photos for the LoBlography Challenge I completely forgot to post these photos! Better late than never I suppose.
001. I have discovered the most amazing thing ever - cheesy beanos with Nandos Peri Peri sauce. I swear, you can use this sauce in anything any it makes it taste amazing. I mixed a spoonful in to my beans whilst heating them up and it made them really nice and spicy. Spread them over some toast, top with cheese and grill until gooey and you've got the perfect breakfast/lunch/dinner. ;)
002. My friends Mark and Paul took me out and we drank (pine)appletinis and talked about things that are waaay TMI to post here. It was a really good day and although we had been drinking for hours we were still standing by the end of the night. We didn't take many photos but this one makes me laugh! I was making a face and somehow my head ended up in the photo!
003. On last weeks week in photos post I mentioned that I would be going to the Granny would be proud vintage fair on Sunday. It wasn't as good as I thought it would be, but I did pick up some gorgeous shoe bows (will post about them soon) and then went on to find a shop full of
junk treasures just off Byres Road. I could have spent all day rummaging and spending an absolute fortune on things that I don't need but instead I bought an amazing clock necklace which you can see slightly in my previous post and err... a massive Wassily Kandinsky painting which I have nowhere to hang (my excuse for buying it, suggested by Liam, was that it's for my future house...) but couldn't leave without. It's still sitting in my car boot!
004. I've remembered how good pancakes are and have made them a few times this week. I follow Nigella's recipe for American breakfast pancakes and they come out perfect each time. My favourite toppings have been nutella, plain old butter and sugar or some golden syrup. I even experimented with shaped pancakes - you can see my attempt at a tiny heart!
005. Mmmm, saien soba from Wagamama. This has to be one of my all time favourite places to eat. I've been enough times that you'd think I would have learned how to use chopsticks and eat without making a mess by now but I haven't! I'd love to be able to re-create this at home but I honestly don't think I'd do it justice! YUM!
006. Oh god. I really have been eating a lot of food this week haven't I? Jenna and I treated ourselves to a Dominos on Tuesday since it was buy 1 get 1 free. We both got a large pizza, clearly our eyes were much bigger than our belly because we barely managed to eat half of it!
007. Yesterday I spent more hours on a bus than I want to think about. I had planned to get the train up to Glasgow and get my photos developed but found out after buying my ticket that the trains were off and that replacement buses were running instead. I got on the bus without thinking and then realised that it was going to take almost 2 hours to get to Glasgow because it was stopping at every train station and if I had took my car and faced the roadworks and diversions, instead of leaving it in a dodgy 'car park' it still would have taken less than half the time. Oh, and my ipod ran out of battery 10 minutes after getting on the bus. Yesterday was not my day! :(
I hope everyone had a good week! What did you get up to? Please leave a comment or click the 'like' button on my LoBlography Challenge post if you haven't already!