week in photos #616:00
001. This week I've been making good use of the Diana F+ camera that I was sent as part of the LoBlography Challenge and I'm having a lot of fun with it. It's my first experience of using 120 film and it took a while to get used to. I didn't realise how far you had to advance the film before taking the first shot, and as a result my photos from Valentines Day don't actually exist. Oops! I'm sending my film off to be developed on Monday so hopefully by the middle of next week you can see all my (fingers crossed) exciting photos!
002. I spent some time in Starbucks this week sipping a latte and playing 'Mr & Mrs Trivia' - cheesy, I know! I just had to buy it though as it's an in-joke we have about questioning things. However it was actually really funny and we learned a few things about each other and argued over which one of us is a better driver (me, of course!).
003. We also went for Valentines dinner at The Bath Street Pony which has quite possibly become my favourite place to eat and drink in Glasgow. If you live in Glasgow, you should go try it out. They do the best cocktails (The Cheekiest of Vimtos is my favourite - and it's half price!) and the food is amazing and SO reasonably priced. For just £20 I got tomato and mascarporne soup with parmesan heart crisps, followed by grilled vegetarian haggis, served with crushed roast garlic potatoes, baby carrots & drizzled with a lemon foam and I somehow managed to fit in a lovely creamy champagne and strawberry cheesecake and a glass of bubbly.
004. Taaa-da! Here's the Valentines themed cake I made. Originally I had planned to make a red and white decorated giant cupcake but my cakes didn't rise enough so once pieced together it didn't look much like a cupcake. I changed my original plan and smothered it in Baileys buttercream and decorated with pink fondant hearts and Barbie sprinkles!
005. I had been meaning to buy Mac Fluidline for ages now and finally got around to it this week. It's AMAZING. I thought it would be difficult to apply but it's much easier than liquid eyeliner and it has great staying power. I think I need a better brush though - does anyone have any recommendations?
006-007. As I mentioned before, I went on a little adventure to an abandoned theme park earlier this week. As you can see the rides were all still there (and some of them we're actually working, the 'power on' light was lit up and begging me to press it) and it was such a fun day. It was really quite creepy hearing all the rides creak and being the only people there. Despite wearing a good few layers it was still absolutely freezing though!
I've cheated a little and had to schedule this post. Fingers crossed that my powers of persuasion worked and that as you read this I will be at the Granny would be proud vintage fair at the Hillhead Bookclub spending some money and sipping on a mojito.