week in photos #516:41
001. This was the view from my window at the beginning of the week as the sun was setting one night. I haven't edited the colours in the photo - the sky really did look like that. It was amazing. We've had a bit of sunshine this week and I went out wearing just a cardigan for warmth for the first time in ages. Anyone else excited for Summer? I can't wait!
002. On Thursday, because I had been given the night off work, I went out for hot chocolate with Martina. We went to Cafe Balfe, a nice little cafe/restaurant in town and had a good catch up for a few hours. They make the best hot chocolate and always put lots of marshmallows and cream on top!
003. Claire from French for Cupcake posted her photos from a weekend trip to Dublin and included one of an amazing looking banana milkshake which left me craving a big glass of thick milkshake. I whizzed up some milk, coconut milk and raspberries and made myself a raspberry milkshake to satisfy my cravings, mmm!
004. The postman has brought my lots of lovely things throughout the week! I bought my first Mac lipstick (would you believe it!) 'Snob' which I wasn't sure about at first, but I now love it. I also ordered a few Models Own nail polishes, but those who follow me on Twitter will know that they messed up the order and I haven't had any success trying to get a response from them to resolve it. And finally, some 120mm film for the Lomo Diana+ camera that has also been sent to me... but there will be more about that next week. ;)
005. I also had a wardrobe clear out and listed some clothes on Thriftstoreuk and have made about £50 so far. I've just noticed that it's also free listing day on eBay so I might list some things on there later.
006. After seeing Sarah's successfull attempts at making macaroons I thought I would try myself, but as you can see they didn't turn out too well! This was my 3rd tray and the first tray and second tray were even worse. I'm not going to give up though - one day I will make perfect macaroons!
007. In order to convince myself that I really wasn't as bad a baker as I felt after my macaroon fail I made some vanilla cupcakes filled with raspberry coulais and with white chocolate buttercream on top. I used the Hummingbird Bakery vanilla cupcake recipe and they turned out lovely!